Tired of reading government gobbledygook trying to figure out how to label your products? So over searching pages and pages of regulatory information to find your way?
Labeling & Marketing Soap vs. Cosmetics will help you determine what kind of products you are making (it’s not as easy as saying, hey, this is soap!) and how to properly label and market them in the USA within legal parameters set out by our regulations. It’ll give you ideas and tips for marketing your products within compliance, and guidelines on how to create your labels the right way!
This Suds & Success Workshop is perfect for any soapmaker who is interested in starting a business or has started a business, but isn’t sure where to start with regulatory compliance. This workshop focuses entirely on making the regulations that govern our products crystal clear and easy to follow, without tears and headaches.
Here’s what you’ll know by the end of the almost three hour online class:
- Why labeling, marketing, and production are three peas in a pod when it comes to your business
- How to easily figure out what regulations pertain to your products (and which ones don’t), so you aren’t scrambling over knowing what applies to you
- What those regulations control and dictate when you are selling your products in the United States
- What you can and cannot say about your soap and cosmetics through your copywriting, branding, and marketing
- Where you need to look to review your own regulatory compliance and get with the program
- How to use readily available resources to master proper labeling of soap and cosmetics in accordance with the law
- Where to turn when you need extra help and resources
We will not be talking about regulatory compliance in other countries. This workshop is specific to soapmakers in the United States.
Please be aware that this is a recording from a previous live workshop, totaling to almost three hours of content, with four downloadable handouts!
The handouts included are:
- Is it a Soap, Cosmetic, or Drug? – a walkthrough that will help you determine what classification your product falls under
- Guiding Your Claims – a guide to help you determine if your claims are in line with your intended product classification
- Quick Labeling Guide – an overview guide of determining your PDP size, your type size, and if the required information on your label is in line with the regulations
- Labeling & Marketing Soap vs. Cosmetics Transcript – the entire transcript of the three hour class (Will be added when available, before October 1st, 2016)
Labeling & Marketing Soap vs. Cosmetics is a recording of a previous live workshop as part of the Suds & Success Workshop series. You will be able to view the recording, download the extensive handouts, and get started shooting stellar product photos. Attendees who did not attend live will not be able to ask questions or seek support from Modern Soapmaking, but there is plenty of Q+A in the recording! All registrants will receive handouts, including resources to use in the future and a full transcript.
You can preview the information included in the workshop here. You will not be able to view the recording without registering for the class, though!
I’m registered, now what?
You can access the class online at anytime with an internet connection and you are welcome to download the transcript to refer back to at any time!