Are you diving into wholesale but aren’t sure where to start? Do you have the perfect little boutique chompin’ at the bit to carry your products but are a little terrified to know what they need or want?
Getting Ready to Wholesale will wrap up all your wholesale loose ends and tie it up pretty with a bow. We’ll cover all your wholesale bases and get you revved up & ready to rock wholesale connections. Here is what you will learn in this Suds & Success Workshop:
- What you need to have on lockdown before you take the leap
- How to prepare your products for wholesale success, including the ever elusive production, packaging, and pricing problems
- What you need to have in your back pocket to dazzle retailers and get them placing orders
- How to find, pitch, land, and follow-up with stockists with rockstar bravado
After taking your seat at the Getting Ready to Wholesale table, you’ll know what you need to do before you approach retailers, how to evaluate and pitch retailers to carry your products, and what to do to make your wholesale relationship with your stockists worth its weight in gold. You’ll be ready to rock it out with a handful of wholesale clients or get started in turning your wholesale strongarm into the main focus of your business.
This Suds & Success Workshop is perfect for any soapmaker who feels like wholesale just might be the next step for their business, whether that is the beginning soap business owner who hasn’t decided whether wholesale is right for them, or the established soap company owner who has a handful of retailers on their client list but isn’t sure how to keep them or land more accounts.
Here’s what you’ll know by the end of the almost three hour recording:
- How to get ready to score retailers who are excited about your products
- How to square up your pricing, packaging, and production to be in line with wholesale magic
- How to dazzle retailers with at-the-ready wholesale materials, like linesheets, catalogs, shelf talkers, pop displays, and more
- How to find, qualify, and approach retailers who are the perfect missing puzzle piece for your brand
- How to serve your wholesale accounts in a way that will keep them ordering and ordering
Please be aware that this is a recording from a previous live workshop, totaling to almost 3 hours of content, with seven downloadable handouts!
The handouts included are:
- Example Linesheet – a full example of a wholesale linesheet based on one of my previous soap companies, Amathia Soapworks
- Example Catalog – a full example of a wholesale catalog based on one of my previous soap companies, Amathia Soapworks
- Are You Ready for Wholesale? Checklist – a great way to check if you are ready to wholesale, and if not, what you need to prioritize to get ready
- Capture Wholesale Leads Email Workflow – an easy to follow template to create a wholesale focused email newsletter designed to capture leads and keep retailers interested
- Email Pitch Template for Wholesale – an outline and example that shows how to pitch your products to retailers
- Getting Ready for Wholesale Resources – a list of recommended articles on Modern Soapmaking, special offers, recommended designers, and other resources to extend your wholesale journey
- Getting Ready to Wholesale Transcript – the entire transcript of the three hour class, totaling approximately 40 pages, so you can download the information and take it with you
Getting Ready to Wholesale is a recording of a previous live workshop that was hosted on May 15th, as part of the Suds & Success Workshop series. You will be able to view the recording, download the extensive handouts, and get started on your wholesale game. Attendees who did not attend live will not be able to ask questions or seek support from Modern Soapmaking, but there is plenty of Q+A in the recording! All registrants will receive handouts, including resources to use in the future, a full transcript, and example wholesale materials (linesheet + catalog).
You can preview the handouts & information included in the workshop here. You will not be able to view the recording without registering for the class, though!
I’m registered, now what?
Before attending, you may want to review the wholesale content already available on Modern Soapmaking, as we will skim over information that is already available:
- Why would anyone want to wholesale their handmade soap?
- Wholesale Primer & The Words You Need to Know
- The Bare Necessities of Wholesale Magic
- 5 Quick Tips to Masterminding Wholesale
- Knowing the Real Cost of Your Handmade Soap
You can access the class online at anytime with an internet connection and you are welcome to download the transcript to refer back to at any time! 😉